Fairy Diary: Edge or GPRS?

« Home | 6a7at 3alay ! old Gal Chat Part 2 » | Old Gal Chat » | Mind Absent? » | No place to relax! » | Yawning » | توم جيري و ابداع فنون » | Discover the 90/10 Secret: It will change your life » | Answer this Riddle: » | Good morning Kuwait » | Hello Bloggers, reader and commentors,This is the ... »

Edge or GPRS?

I have a GPRS connection from MTC for a long time now, it’s getting worse and slower every passing day, and I can’t get any calls when I’m connected… any how I’ve heard about the new Edge technology, I called them and the guy advised me to wait for this service and keep using the GPRS since the Edge or 3G is now having a lot of problems so it’s better to wait for it to settle and get better, I’m not an expert on this, I still have the old sonyerricsson W800i. So any one can advice me about upgrading my connection, besides I’m thinking of getting new sonyericsson mobile, any suggestion?

Dawn Fairy Posting From Office

get the 3G connection from Wataniya, you will need the new Sierra 850 Aircard, the best deal is to buy the Aircard from Click N Buy they sell it cheaper than Wataniya, and regarding a new Sony Ericsson Mobile, wait for the New Sony Ericsson

1. How often do you plan on using the connection (frequently)?
2. How important is the connection speed/quality?
3. How much are you willing to pay?

Without a question you should get the K800i. it has a 3.2 mega pixel cam and you can blog direct from it. i used it on my trip and it was great to blog on the fly.

Actually EDGE is GPRS, you don't need to do anything to get EDGE if you already have GPRS and one of the newer mobiles.

EDGE is a sort of GPRS version 2.0 with around 20% faster speed.

3G is something completely different.

I think u should switch to nokia :P

:: Boh :) how are you ?
well i think i can help, for GPRS or even Edge the disconnecting issue is not problem coz in the end it is mobile not Data card, My first advice to you... once u want to connect just divret ur calls and in that case u wont be able to recive any calls and for sure there will no disconnecting over the connection.

My second advice, IF you are using GPRS or EDGE alot then buy the new DATA card from MTC it is for KD99 + KD2 for the sim card after that u can choose your space every month which is 2 GBs here = KD16 (only if you are downloading movies) ... for the Data card you can connect on the new network which is 3G and i can guarantey for u the speed of 512k DSL.

so far this card is amazing and i like it wayed and i think stylish more the one ele bel Wataniya

For Sonyericsson series .. i hate GPRS/EDGE over them , try NOKIA :)

cheney 6awalt ? :) Sorry

enjoy it

fuzzy: after using sonyerricsson no way to switch to Nokia.
what's the new sonyericsson ?

KtheKuwaiti:
1- i use the connection about 3 hrs a day. evryday more hours on weekends, but if i had better connection i will use for longer times.
2- very important.
3- i dont know how much im willing to pay, depends on the benefits.

Spicey: i checked it out it looks so nice, but high resolution camera is not an option i'm lookin for, i prefer walkans:P but the bloggin part is super.

don veto: hehe get the picture, the problem is i cant understand any new technology unless i have it in my hands.

Wilted_Roze : Nokia 6allagtah bel thalath ehhehe wayed ba6e'. u should switch to sony ;P

frankom: ur the expert hehehe, i will try ur solution but the guy from mtc told me to wait on that bcuz they are still having problems with this connection.
and again i prefer sony :p but tell me why u hate it with edge and gprs? is it about compatibility or is it bcuz when u have a problem the mtc people dont know anything but nokia ??

and i thank you all for you advices

:: Hi again,
i said before im not facing any problem with the new data card from MTC. bel3ax wayed zaina .. i tried wayed mobiles with gprs/edge the best device was my 9300i from Nokia, i tried both Samsung and SE ... not that good @ all

If you are SE user dont buy Nokia just becoz u need to login, keep your SE with you, and get the Data card


P.S: Whatever is your Data card brand it will cost you KD99 :)

and 3G connection i think MTC & Wataniya are the same with speed

for me im recieving 50k in some areas which is PERFECT :)

Frankom: so now i have to decide which SE (3ala goltek) i should buy, then go out and burn my K-net card hehehehe

Please let me know how it went with your connection etc :)

I am in the same boat.

Thanks.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Dawn Fairy
  • From Kuwait, Kuwait
  • A young Kuwaity girl, who needed her secret space to publish her thoughts and opinions without being judged by others or traditions. No one in real life knows me here in my blog, and no one in this virtual world Called my blog knows me in real life,,
My profile

My Mood

My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

I Support :

Powered by Blogger
& Blogger Templates
Edited by Papillona ®